With time, it will be quicker, but never quick to make prints. I used to use a color analyzer probe to get a rough exposure figured out, but I've since moved and have done fine without it; one less thing. The test strip will show what you need for exposure. In time, you'll be able to guess contrast needs from your test strip too. If a sequence of prints is from the same roll in the same scene, you can usually print them with little or no adjustment between prints.

One of my time consuming things is I like to take the first good test strip and dry it with a hair dryer to check dry-down. Then I know what to expect at wet prints dry. I generally only do it once per paper-type per session.

Sometimes I go in and just develop film, or just make contact prints of printfile pages, depending on time constraints. When I have more time, I actually make prints. I recently made 12 prints when I needed 10 for the LFinfo print exchange; that was a purposeful darkroom session with one image. Other times, I'll print 6-8 photos from a couple pages of negatives and call it good. I've got negatives from years ago I haven't got around to printing yet because image quantity exceeds spare time and money. This happens when I shoot a bunch of rolls at an event and have way more interesting photos than necessary. Other times, such as when doing alt-process, it'll be 30 minutes in the darkroom to coat paper, let it dry, 15 minutes another time to 2nd coat it, an hour another time to expose the images and develop the paper, fit in where it can during a day or evening.

About 2/3 of what I print (beside contact pages) is "unstructured"; just following through with a photo opportunity to see how it turned out; sometimes that's a pleasant bonus, sometimes it's a learning experience. The other 1/3 is planned printing work; images for gifts, something for the walls of my house or a show, a photo someone is waiting for, etc...

I like too like every print to be presentable quality, even if it doesn't get framed and stays in a box or envelope.