Two years ago, David Bradley ( top dog at the Atlantic ) and Michael Eisner were chatting and saw me with a M3 around my neck. Michael asked about it so all three of us got to talking. In the end, we all agreed that film was making a bit of a comeback in fine art and indie film circles...in fact that was the very term Eisner used, it would come full circle.

I don't know where photography will end up in 20 years, but I know where I am going with it...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
Just a few mins ago an interesting article that hits on many many points made here posted:

"For the first time ever," John Berger remarked, "images of art have become ephemeral, ubiquitous, insubstantial, available, valueless, free."

"Advances in photographic technology -- Kodak to Polaroid to Canon to Lytro -- have been shifting the cultural economics of pictures, transforming them from something scarce and therefore artistic and into something abundant and therefore mundane."

PMK-25, you wanted to ponder theoreticals of the future, this might just be it...

Per
http://theatlantic.com/technology/ar...ternet/254174/