Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
Funny! That's why I search the earth high and low for Paterson pages. Strips of 6.
Pages that hold strips of 6 are easy to find. Freestyle has them.

Are these Paterson ones different in allowing you to contact those onto 8x10, though? I have some strips of six pages but I don't like using them for that reason. They don't allow contacting onto 8x10 as they just wont fit. I have to dump all the strips out and carefully arrange them horizontally on an 8x10 sheet, which I find a hassle. Although, naturally enough, you get a sharper, more informative contact sheet, I don't usually care about that. I use the contact to judge composition and judge the negative directly for sharpness.

Most "important" advice I never followed? Probably to standardize on one film, one developer, and one paper. I agree it's a way to get the most out of your materials. But I figure they make different ones for good reason besides just different tastes and it's not that hard to know them well enough. I gleefully experiment with different films, developers and paper because, in part, I just enjoy fooling around with them to see what different ones do, and in part because, while I agree that you will never exhaust the possibilities of one combination, not every combination suits every image I want to make. I like Delta 3200 (in 120) and TMZ (in 35mm) a lot for low light. But should I really be shooting those outdoors in daylight for images from which I want to make large prints? Pshaw. I MIGHT eventually settle on just Delta 3200 for a very fast film since I can get it in both 120 and 35mm, but for now I use both and seem to have no problems with that. In more normal light I settle on one 400 film and one medium speed film (Tri-X and FP4+) with an occasional roll of Pan F+.

Two papers, three if you count an RC paper for less critical prints and contacts. Even then, I'm willing to try others.