I figured as much. I think I'll need to tweak the contrast a bit for that particular picture anyways, so I'll be reprinting it soon.

As to the 3D effect (hard for me to explain, but you know what I mean) and that "glow" or "magic" that give pt/pd that unique look...

I'm having a little trouble nailing this down (but most of that is from inexperience, granted). Sometimes, in the developer, I'll see that glow, etc., but it seems to disappear somewhat in the clearing steps, making it look a little more dull and lifeless.

I'm trying to be consistent in my process, and I'll probably try distilled water for the clearing baths, but are there any general rules here that I'm missing? Are the clearing agents bleaching my picture out?

I'm using Crane's Kid and Lenox (the latter gets some humidity by a steamy shower, because the RH here is so low). Develop 2 minutes, then clear in HCA for 5 minutes, then 2 baths of EDTA for 5 minutes each (all mixed with tap water, which is probably a little harder than most areas).