The aerial cameras are awesome! There has been an aerial plaubel on fleabay for months now, it keeps speaking to me in my dreams. Unfortunately my dreams also involve an open cockpit airplane or helicopter, a reckless pilot, and the coast of hawaii...

The problem with the aerials is, of course, the lack of close focus. So I got a K22 (?) or something like that and took it apart and discovered a very clever vacuum back mechanism, which could be cannibalized. It would be a very nice thing to transform into a 4x5 back. Project #387 for a rainy day...

~~~

Richard Pippin just mentioned a pipe cutting implement that he thinks would be even easier than the cigar cutter. Just about anything is better than forking out $10+ / roll. If you do go with a cigar cutter, you might want to avail yourself of a knife sharpener too, you want to keep that one edge very sharp and the other one dull. I dulled the one side with a dremel tool.

We discussed using a nice thin saw to cut down a lot of rolls at once, but the concern is heat. When you go all the way through the plastic, quite a lot of heat would be generated.