Quote Originally Posted by LFman View Post
I set up my camera (Sinar P2 with a Fujinon SWD f/5.6 65mm) in the garage and tried to focus on the TV in the living room about 10m (30ft) away. I move both standards as close together as they'd go, then moved them out gradually, and it would not bring the TV into focus at all (confirmed by looking through an 8x loupe). However, with both standards as close as they'd go, I could focus fine on stuff next to me, just a metre or two (3-6 feet) away.

So, I'm ready for a reality hit: am I just an idiot and doing something wrong? Surely it should focus somewhere between having the standards very close together or as far away as I can get them. Could it be something with the lens? I know it's a wide angle, but even with a small TV image on the ground glass, it should be clear enough to see what's on the TV and not just a coloured square of light. I did mount the lens and shutter myself after buying from KEH... could I have screwed something up?

Thanks a million :-)

Daniel.
If you compress the bellows completely and measure from the GG to about the middle of the lens you will find that the distance is greater than the focal length of the lens. Solution, recessed lensboard or longer lens. The focal length of the lens is measured at infinity, anything closer than that is focusable because you extend the bellows.