Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth View Post
A laser alignment tool is an almost obligatory purchase for anyone looking for the best performance making enlargements. I paid $180 for mine and I think it represents the best value for money of any photographic item I have ever purchased. Everything I do culminates in a print and alignment is usually the weakest link in a darkroom set up. Spirit levels and tape don't come close to cutting it. The time it has saved is enormous and the stress and general irritation evaporated. If I want perfect crisp grain right out to the corner, as well as on centre, from any neg at any enlargement size, I can have it. Predictably. Every time. I am being serious when I say that if someone told me I could never buy or sell another item of photo kit and had to drop one that I already own, I would give up my 24 Summillux asph before the laser alignment tool.
True that! Not only in the drkrm. but in the field, shooting as well. Perfect for placing view camera standards in true parallel planes - a real mood stabilizer when doing swings and tilts at $20 an exposure.