Back in the 70s, I took George Tice's printing class at The New School. He had the best visual aids ever. He brought in a set of prints, I think were 11 x 14, and each print was printed of the same negative at every aperture on the lens. If my memory serves me they were from a 35 mm negative. I don't remember what lens he used, but I seem to recall he liked Schneider Componons. He always used a longer focal length than the recommended one. So for 35, he used an 80mm, for 2-1/4 he used 135mm, and for 4 x 5, he used 150mm. Of course he adjusted the exposure time by the equivalent of one stop. There was a noticeable loss of sharpness on the smallest apertures. That I remember well. Some loss of edge sharpness when wide open. There was very little difference in print density, minimal really. I do not recall what paper he used, but in those days Agfa Brovira was a favorite of his, although he used a host of different papers. I always avoid the smallest apertures and I use ND filters under the lens when exposure time become too short.