Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
Realy? Well when I started at the age of 15 I used 2 screw driver to open spanners n even used scisors. It wasn't untill I I can afford or even had any good reason to need one, that I purchased a proper spanner. Spend so much money on something that you may not even like? If you are just playing around with a $10 junker, it doesn't make any sense at all to invest in tools first then learn. I've seen too many DIY mechanics with a garage full of beautiful tools n have no idea or even have the talent to use em. Waste of money! I believe in the try then buy theory.

So all you DIYer reading this; go ahead n use what every you can make due till you decide if this is for you. This isn't rocket science, it's a learned skill a caveman can do with a little experimenting... just have fun.
Sure. Go right ahead, use anything that comes to hand. When you get tired of marring/damaging/destroying whatever you are working on, you'll value the proper tool even more.

Just don't damage yourselves.Scissors are for cutting things like paper and fabric, not DIY camera tinkerers.