If I can lay down a hard dot screen on film and get 21 steps... then I think the world of archival colour prints is one step closer.. I have not stopped with the continuous tone negs just sidelined.

Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
Bob, thanks for responding here, though just so you know my email was about a more straightforward screen-plate idea whereas this is kind of a theoretical proposal. Nevertheless, I think I see where you're going with this.

To me, I don't know the difference between an Imagesetter, a Lightjet, a Chromira, or a Lambda, but it certainly seems like they should be capable of doing the same kind of things, no? Or rather... if a Lambda can do continuous tone then it should be able to eat a hard-dot image for breakfast!

This seems like a brilliant idea that utilizes something you've already got in a fairly simple manner. I think it's brilliant, and awesome that you're thinking seriously about doing color carbon.

So in a sense I think you have answered the question in my email, but we can discuss it further when you get a chance.