just last night i came up with an ingenious (at the risk of being immodest) solution to this common problem. there is a litte screw at the base of the battery compartment at the upper right with the camera resting on its back. I removed this screw and replaced it with a longer, slightly fatter one and made a bracket out of a narrow strip of metal with a whole in it at one end. while pressing down on the cover with batteries in, i screwed down the strip of metal across the cover. voila! barely visible and totally functional repair! i got the screw and metal piece from a junk lens i took apart.
Originally Posted by David Lyga
Last edited by jojuki; 04-11-2012 at 10:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.