Superglue (or cyanoacrylate adhesive) comes in a variety of types depending on it's intended use. Some are water thin and good for seeping in to thin joints that have already been assembled. Other grades are viscous with good gap filling properties. For forming a lens, I'd suggest one of the thicker grades to produce a droplet.