Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
Any news yet on pricing for the OpticFilm 120? The price point on the "new" Jobo was around $3200-3500 though I've not seen much beyond the early April second-hand press release. No fight about hybrid being key to any hope of slowing plummeting demand for film outside the home optical printers.

It's all about demand and there's no point denying it.
The price floating around is said to be 1600$ / 1500 euro, and I agree hybrid is key which is why I find it funny that it can't be discussed on APUG. I think an even better example would be mechanical watches, pronounced dead and obsolete in the 70's & 80's with most of the old brands pretty much dead or struggling is now extremely popular again and most of the old brands have been revitalized or resurrected under new management. Sure, many people walk around with a cheap digital watch on their arm nowadays, it doesn't mean there can't be a thriving market for those who prefer something else. Funny enough the Swatch Group (those cheap ugly plastic battery watches) now own many of the higher-end mechanical brands. Maybe Sony will buy Kodak and revitalize the film industry