There is sooooo much out there, but the best advice I received is pick one developer and stick with it, shoot some film to see if there is some differences that you enjoy. For eg, there are two types of film, classic and tgrain, classic are like your Tri X, HP5, FP4; the tgrain are modern films with a tgrain (tabular instead of cubic) that give a finer grain, such as Acros 100, Delta 100/400/3200, Tmax 100/400/3200. Now the hard part is you need to figure out which of the two types you like. Many like classic, others tgrain, but a lot has to do with what you photograph too. I have found that I like two speeds of film a lot but I always dev in Xtol, I like that it is more enviornmentally kind than others and is quite able to be pushed. I have tried a variety of stocks to arrive at the two main stocks that I like to use depending on the lighting - a slow one and a fast one. I think the choice is up to you, and it really often depends on what you shoot. Bulk loading 35mm also led me down a path if you are condidering loading bulk, it sure drops the price but the options are less...

Welcome to Apug and analog, the possiblities are endless and quite fun to figure out your way!!!