Tri-X Pan 400 developed in D-76 @ 1:1 has served millions of photographers well for decades. I don't see any reason why it won't serve you just as well.

You're only going to be enlarging to 8x10. Grain won't be an issue if you don't crop in too much.

My photography teacher in college had a hard on for people who cropped too much. He would often rant about how you should be composing your photos in the camera, not on the enlarging easel.
If he caught you cropping in too much and you didn't learn to compose in-camera when he told you, he would give you a special filed out aperture plate that showed the film all the way to the borders of the negative and order you to print your next assignment full frame with the sprocket holes showing.

Anyhow, I digress... For 8x10, Tri-X will be fine.

If you want a slower film with less grain, Fuji Neopan 100 Acros is a good choice. Again, D-76 @ 1:1.

If you don't want to use D-76, XTOL is a good choice. XTOL works well with Neopan.

Anything from Ilford will also serve you well. I like Pan F+. If you watch your exposure and development to keep the contrast down, you can get some really tasty pictures with it.

Honestly, I think you're over thinking it. Just pick one and stick with it for a while.
Do at least a dozen rolls of film with the same combination of film and developer. Then collect all your negatives, contact sheets and prints together, sit down at the breakfast table with your film and a cup of coffee and look everything over, then decide what you like or don't like.

After you have done at least a dozen rolls of film the same way (I'd probably do a couple dozen) THEN decide whether you want to change to another product.

You can talk about the properties of this film or that film or the benefits of one developer over another, all day long, until you are blue in the face but it won't mean a hill of beans unless you have actually held some film in your hands and looked at it and have seen the results.

Bottom line: Just do it.