Quote Originally Posted by alapin View Post
We don't know when the Delta 100 photos were taken as compare to those with canon 60d. You must remember that digital cameras have only been around as little as 14 years.
Delta has only been around since 1992. My point was that I believe many people, particularly younger photographers moving from digital, start shooting film with a certain traditional aesthetic in mind. This seems to lead to them seeking out 'the land time forgot' in many, many cases. I've spent a great deal of time searching flickr as of late for developer and film combinations and I'm contantly surprised by the apparent aversion to modern life these photographers have. This led to me thinking about how that has a bearing on the way people think about film. The argument many of us will make when put on the spot by skeptics is how emulsion is the superior technology, that it isn't old hat. We understand that people have certain prejudices against 'old' things and we try to convince them otherwise. My argument would be that these people have no concept of which is the better technology, only the types of images they see (subject matter and treatment) and the connotations these images have. What rubs people the wrong way about film is the type of image they associate with it, in the same way we might feel about digital after seeing heavily saturated HDR images. It's a massive turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by alapin View Post
The canon 60d was not released until the last part of 2010. So any photos taken by it would more likely be something we would recognize as the 21st century.
And a truck load of Delta 100 left the factory today.