Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
My intention was to share my observation about what I believe turns average Joe off film, which surely has an affect on its availablity.
If Joe doesn't want to photograph using film, so be it, I do don't wear the weight of world on my back because I know someone will be there to continue making film. I therefore don't think we as a community need to change artistic focus to save the medium. What we need is all our collective analog'rs to continue to do what makes us happy and the rest will follow. If you disagree, fine, we all see things in our unique ways and what makes us different is what unites us as analog photographers. If you feel so inclined to change your artistic focus (say landscape to street) we would all pat you on the back; if you stay the same, we would pat you on the back the same too. I think the thread that binds us is so thin yet strong; in that what analog'rs care more about is that we are out photographing and sharing than keeping score who is doing it ABC way vs XYZ way. There is a lot of truth in Rick's reply...