Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
You can control that by adjusting the ratio of turpentine and oil...
I'll work on it some more. The picture I was working on went to the gallery today. It turned out pretty well.
Over the summer, I'll have a chance to replace that picture. Either it will sell or I'll be allowed to rotate it out with a new one. I'll use the time in between to work on my technique. I'm hopeful that the next one will be even better!

Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
This is a method I learned from a book written by Ms. Laurie Klein (an authority on hand-coloring) and I was in communication with her for a little while.
That's the book I got the idea from, too. It's a good book. However, it only talks about technical details in the first chapter. The rest is mostly stylistic. This is good but I need to get my technique down pat before I get into the detailed stuff.

Story time:
One of the guys in my club was razzing me because I don't make color photos. I walked in with the back of the frame facing out and said, "You complained because I never make color photos." I spun it around and showed it to them, "Here you go!" Guffaws all around.