My first serious camera was a Rolleiflex E2 with an f/3.5 Schneider Xenotar. That was in about 1958. I still use it occasionally and with an occasional CLA it still works fine (although I've lately been seduced by a used Hasselblad C/M and a couple of lenses). The big square negative means you can crop and not loose much quality, which means you can get away without a tele lens. The 80mm feels wide in the first place and you can back up if you want wider. Rolleis are very quiet and used at waist level, perhaps even turned sideways so that you aren't obviously shooting straight ahead of you, are great for street photography. They are good portrait machines (if you crop and you remember not to shoot your subjects below eye level because of the waist level finder). They are good landscape cameras and they are even pretty good for sports and action if you use the open frame sportsfinder built into their hoods (I did some of that for my highschool newspaper). I agree with the fellow above who suggested that buying a brand new one (which almost seem to be more like commemorative models) doesn't make sense unless you have money to burn. Find a gently used one if you can. You might even fool around with a lesser model to try out the camera type--a Rolleicord (saw one at a camera show last weekend for $75), a Yashicamat or a Minoltacord. The Rolleiflex T was slightly cheaper model that lacked a couple of nice features on the full blown Rollei, but was very capable. And then, as someone else mentioned, there was the Baby Rollei which used 127 film which is, unfortunately, difficult to obtain nowadays. I can remember lusting after one of those so that I could show superslides, 4x4 transparencies that would fit readily into a 35mm projector.