Hi all,

I don't yet own an RF but I have been looking at the Yashica 35 Electro GSN. Here in India there are loads and it seems like a good place to start, though I return to the UK for the summer and obviously have access to ebay too.

I'm a Canon 5Dii owner and shoot street but I'm keen to play with film once more and wanted a cheap introduction to film street photography. I shoot AP/Av and might even entertain using a flash. I've yet to master zone-focusing but would like to perfect that with my RF. My first question, then, is:

1) Assuming I find a good copy, is the Yashica 35 GSN a good, cheap RF to start with? My budget is 50 tops.

If I take to RF, which of course I will:

2) What should I then look to buy, this time with a budget of around 150?

With this second question in mind I have been looking at the following models and would appreciate any thoughts and comments on them, and then alternatives I may have missed out. Roughly in an order of preference:

Olympus RD
Yashica 35 CC
Canon G-III 17
Konica S3

The RF I go for has to be small. In India I stick out like a sore thumb at the best of times. Add to that a whacking great big SLR and I have little chance of candid stuff. This is one reason for looking at an RF. Another reason is that I want to look cool

Any help and comments appreciated.

[Edit] I should add that I am off to a second-hand camera store on Friday morning. Apparently the owner has quite a few RFs but I don't know what they are yet. Should be interesting to see what he has but I just want to bone up on my knowledge before seeing him.