Logically, following this thread and noting the attempts to reduce contrast and seeing the initial D76d results I should have tried a two-bath compensating developer
Before being sensible, and using the excuse of spending three days making big prints for a big-for-me print order on the 10x8" DeVere, I decided to have fun and not be sensible
Wondering why the film was ortho' and thinking it might have been for making title negs I made up some ID13 lith developer and tried that - Here is what happened at 40 and 80asa in lith developer
Following screams of "disgusting, shoot him" from you all, this approach could be useful for some work, but the exposure will have to be accurate to a fifth of a stop - I will try it today at 50asa on real subjects and in another body at 32asa for D76d times - After that the two bath tests using D23 + Kodalk, which I am currently out of so that will have to wait
Last edited by John Austin; 05-11-2012 at 11:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.