Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
Hi Casey, and welcome to APUG. I'm also from the east side of Melbourne, but not quite as far out as you. Did you know that there is a Melbourne APUG get-together on May 27? You'll find the details under the thread "Melbourne APUG get together - MAY 2012".

I also have an FE2, along with an FM2N, an FE, a couple of FMs, and several other Nikon bodies. The FE2 is one of my favourites. With regard to batteries for the FE2, you might prefer the silver SR44 which has a longer life than the alkaline LR44. Both of these are also known as S76 and L76 respectively. However, instead of two of those I prefer to use a single lithium 2L76, also known as CR1/3N which has the longest life of all. They are all pretty easily obtainable. The one drawback of the FE2, and the FE, is that it is battery-dependent for its shutter operation and you could get caught short in the field if the battery goes flat. Simple solution: carry a spare battery.

Cheers, Peter.
Hey, Thanks for the welcome
Thats 3 days before my b'day...i would love to go but it is going to be too far to get to...maybe next time.
From Casey