Ah ha, some friendly fellow Canadians to the rescue! Hi CGW, yes, I was a wee bit dismayed after reading my very first ever APUG reply... Yikes, apparently I was not supposed to mention... ahem... the other popular format too, so I actually went back and removed the offending sentence. Then I felt silly that I had removed the dreaded "D" word, but there you have it. Oh well, a bit of a rocky start, but hopefully smoother roads ahead. And thank-you for your kind comment regarding my photography; much appreciated!

MooseOnTheLoose! Rachelle, from your ID I was certainly able to determine where your roots are! And yes, you will indeed be seeing my work in the galleries here. Although I have returned to film in a big way, I have a serious and unfortunately permanent spinal injury that keeps me bedridden about 80% of the time, so I don't have as many good days (health-wise) for playing in the darkroom as I would like to. And because I live in a rather remote part of the world, (small island in the North Atlantic, a one hour ferry ride off the northeast coast of Newfoundland) the only back-up to doing my own processing is to ship my films out to a decent photo lab in one of the larger urban centres... which can get quite costly, not to mention time consuming. But better late than never, so they say!

Rachelle, I can assure you that a trip to Newfoundland one day would be a positive experience for you. I have lived in Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia, but the ruggedly beautiful scenery that surrounds me here on Fogo Island cannot be beat. Truly a photographer's dream.

And a big "Thank-you" also to Gene and Jeff for such a warm welcome to APUG. See, my slightly rocky start has already smoothed out quite nicely!

best regards,
Glen