Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
I went to Clemson University and I was in the Graphic Communications program. The major focus heavily on the main commercial printing processes (lithography, screen printing, flexography, gravure). I'm not too familiar with carbon printing, as we didn't really get into a lot of the fine art aspect of photography in the classes I had to take. It looks really interesting. I've been interested in trying my hand at Cyanotype also.
You are to be congratulated. My daughter just finished her freshman year at Clemson and related horror stories to me about what her friends who are Graphic Communications majors went through during Finals Week. It's a notoriously difficult major. I'm told it has a 98% job placement rate for graduating Seniors. Not too shabby in this day and age.

Sandy King was Chairman of the Foreign Language Dept. at Clemson until his retirement a few years back. He is now Professor Emeritus there.

I don't know how they do it now, but carbon transfer used be the method used to make gravure cylinders for commercial packaging. The exposed, hardened carbon tissue was laid over copper plated cylinders and acid would etch the cells to a depth proportional to the softness of the gelatin.