Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
Resurrecting this thread for a little while - I got the liquid from B&S a while back and have finally gotten around to trying it out. Rolled it on with a foam roller as the directions say. Used it on both COT 320 and Revere heavy weight so both papers were pretty thick.

It did not roll on as directions said (until the sheen goes away!), but did appear to go on evenly. However, when printing, did not get anything like I expected. Had significant problems with added grain appearance and even bad spotting as well as blotchiness. Did not experience darker Dmax either.

I have no desire to waste any more of my expensive paper on this stuff. Perhaps the drier air here in the Desert has something to do with it, but I don't think so. Maybe the dry version would work better, but I'm not sure if I even want to try it out.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the liquid silica?
Hi Dan,

Let's hope we can help you out with this. Were you PT or PD printing? I've seen a lot of testing with this stuff both in liquid and dry (I find dry much easier, but to each their own) and haven't seen that reaction before. It makes me wonder what's different in the procedure over the other's that have had quite solid success.