Actually I used to work with just two other people and we made cars. High performance racing late model stock cars and scca prototypes. And I did so much of it for a couple of years that I could probably due my aspect of production blindfolded.

As I stated in other posts you have to stop looking at the idea of creating film and emulsions through the eyes of Kodak. For some reason in America today we become hypnotized by the idea that there is only one way to do something, or only a big company can do it. I am not a scientist but i know that somewhere there is going to be simpler chemistry, process and technology to make quality film in small quantities. You have to think outside the box of the current film production paradigm. The biggest thing you need to understand is that Kodak needs to make millions of $ and has to produce film by the millions of feet at a certain cost to produce a profit. Get that concept out of your head and start thinking minimum parameters for small batch coating. Say 100 sheets of 8x10 or equivalent roll at a time.
I am sure that many of the steps, chemistry, etc that Kodak uses to make TriX are probably totally irellevant when talking small batches but required when producing millions of feet that has to stay fresh for several years.