Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
I assume that the Omega is a D5XL enlarger.

Depending on your local market, this deal might be favourable to the other person, just because in some areas darkroom equipment like this is almost being given away.

If the darkroom equipment and camera is in good shape, IMHO the real question is whether it has value to you! If it is what you are looking for, by definition it does.

And you can be confident within a short while you will be easily able to replace the Pentax digital equipment with either something "NEW and IMPROVED!" or with a used version of the same thing at a reduced price.
He listed it as a D XL, no 5. I have no way to know for sure.

This equipment has much more value to me than a digital SLR with a kit zoom. It is what I have been looking for; a RAW file from a K-5 is good, but it's not a sheet of FP4 in Rodinal or a selenium toned 16x20.

As you said, DSLRs are easily replaceable and in a few months obsolete with resale values tanked. The darkroom equipment may not be worth much -- and as of now I am just going by what he's said in email (I haven't seen the equipment in pictures or in person yet). I traded a Tamron 17-50 2.8 for a Pentax LX and PZ-1p yesterday with the same guy. I think I came out ahead on that one; the Tamron is good, but the LX or PZ-1p are wonderful. Especially the LX.