Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
Stuck to principles. Pulled out the 28mm and went for zoomed-in 11x14 cropped. Galerie 3 Matte. Has a wacky paper negative/bromoil look though it is 100% traditional film and paper.
It's in the gallery...

After giving out all kinds of eclipse viewing advice, I wasn't ready to take pictures so here is what I improvised at the last minute...

Everyone was reaching for their 12 stop ND filters but I don't have anything like that. So I projected an image on black construction paper and photographed the projection on Kodak Panatomic-X with OM-1 and 50mm macro.

The longest lens I have (short of a telescope that I could have unpacked but the eclipse was already started...) is the LF Dallmeyer Dallon 12". I mounted it on an open cardboard 12 x 9 x 6 box. I was thinking 12 inch focus but mounted it on the 9 inch side. Still not close enough by two inches. Nice telephoto design... 12 inch lens with a 7 inch throw...

So inside the cardboard box, on a two-inch platform, I taped a sheet of black construction paper. Spent the afternoon wandering the backyard with my head in this contraption. With clear skies, I used ND 2 stop filter and f/64 on the Dallmeyer. Only got the sun in those shots. But when the clouds came in, I found I was able to open the Dallmeyer wide and throw silhouettes of everything on the horizon.

For the print, I did what I said I'd do. It's the 28mm and with the enlarger at 28 inches, I think I am getting about 24x enlargement on this 11x14 print.