Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
When you do provide it, make sure the images are SMALL. Like 300 pixels horizontally.
You want pictures that she can look at on her screen or post on Facebook but you don't want her to be able to print out full size images that she could be coming back to you for.

ALSO, put your name, address and copyright statement in the metadata! If she's going to post your pictures on Facebook (et. al.) you'll want your name attached to them. 99% of the people out there don't even know what metadata is, let alone how to strip your name out of it.
For sure, always put EXIF in your digital copies. While most customers have no idea how to strip metadata, Facebook does it by default! In fact, I'm not sure it's possible to keep the metadata in images on FB.

When I do jobs like this for friends, I generally put a "give credit" condition if the images are to be posted online because I know that it would otherwise be stripped. Having to manually acknowledge your work will generally make people value your efforts more than having to pay a few dollars for materials. The purpose of it isn't to give you advertising (because really, no one is going to look at the photo and think "I shall hire that person!") but to link, in the long term, your name with your efforts in the mind of your customer/friend. It's the difference between "oh, that was yours?" and "remember those awesome photos you took" ten years later.