Quote Originally Posted by nigelsim View Post
Can I use a simple converter to step down voltage overseas from 240V to 120V when using US lighting equipment? Or do I need a heavy duty transformer? Any advice from experienced users?
I have experience with this, having moved from the US to China. You have too look at the current draw of your equipment and match it to the transformer. For example, a simple Playstation 3 takes a big transformer. I suspect your lighting will draw even more than that, so yes, you'll need something heavy duty. If you get one that is marginal, or less, they will melt down in short order. It ain't pretty when that happens.