Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
A C print is made from a color negative or internegative. C means chromogenic.
Clair is right. "Resin-Coated Chromogenic Colour Print" seems to be the full technical term. I just looked it up, as I wasn't sure anymore. It's an expensive name for a color print. However, I also found (funny or not) websites stating that C-print means COMPUTER-print, explaining that the prints were made from digital files and printed with Lambda-prints.

In art environments, artworks are denoted as "C-prints" to make them sound more chic, expensive and to justify the asking price (photography is an expensive hobby...) Although I've seen other denominations pop-up the last few years.