First off, welcome!

It is reassuring to know that APUG is only a sampling of the film shooters; so for every one here, there are hopefully thousands of others out there.

Well, it sounds like you're going to be making gelatin emulsions and coating on glass, and you'd like to be able to shoot these in a view camera? If that's the case, searching for a "dry plate camera" isn't going to get you very far. In fact, that's not a term I hear said very often.

What you really need is any view camera, but with a plate holder. My recommendation would be to get any of the hundreds of 4x5" cameras out there, and then find a good pressure-plate film/plate holder. There are some modern Linhof holders that are very nice, but a bit pricey, and then there are many older style plate hodlers which can be had quite cheaply on eBay if you can find them.

Getting a 4x5" will give you the most versatility. It's the LF format of "choice", with the widest selection of films and accessories. Remember that there aren't near as many enlargers accepting of formats bigger than 4x5".

I hope that helps; below are a few pics of said holders.