Hi Ian,

You won't have any trouble stripping this down, it is quite easy, but here are some pics of those 'sneaky' hidden screws I promised you.

Basic strip down sequence is to take the back off (three screws at the bottom and two at the top, I think?), remove the knob (screw at the base of the knob. It passes through the threaded shaft so need to be removed completely). Pull off the knob, four screws to remove the wooden plate covering the gears.
There is a mirror return spring which needs unhooking at one end, too.
There is a light trap between the top of the shutter and the body which is glued in place (you see it hanging down in the last picture). On mine the glue was so old and dry it pulled straight off. If yours is stuck more firmly it might need a little acetone or careful peeling off.

Undo the four screws in the pictures (one onthe left side, one at the bottom, two inside the timing gear housing) and the shutter should pull straight out the back.

You can pretty much jump in and pull it apart. No nasty twangs and things shooting across the room, or bits falling out before you can see where they've come from. There doesn't seem to be any need to mark up positions of knobs or anything, either. Just dive in

Uploaded with ImageShack.us