Here is the low down, I am pretty much a diehard RF guy. I just love them. I have three Olympus XA cameras, they have a fixed f2.8, 35mm lens. One XA always has 50 loaded in it, another 400 and the third color. My other RF is a Yashica Linx 14E has a fixed lens f1.4 with a 45mm lens that is usually my indoor low light camera that takes 400 often at 800. That thing is also a joy, works fine w/o batteries, all manual, the light meter is the only thing that the batteries control. I also have a non-RF, a Mamiya 1000s 645 with an 80mm lens (equivalent in 35mm to a standard 50mm lens).

So all my lenses are really 35-50mm, not much variety as they are all at max w/i 15mm of eachother, but all quite beautiful lenses and cameras in their own right. So I think I would like a wider lens, like 28mm or even as low as 21mm (but that might be too much). I either need to get a 45mm lens for the 645 (which is really a 28mm lens) or a new RF body/lens. Decisions, decisions, right? I can get the 45mm for the Mamiya for bargain basement pricing ($200 or less on Keh or elsewhere) or the Mamiya 35mm (which is akin to a 21mm in 35) for $300ish, or I need a whole new RF kit. I think, after doing a ton of research here, there, and everywhere, I am gravitating towards a specific RF camera/lens combo. But I don’t want to disclose my findings, I would like to see what others propose to see if we get to the same N. I do a lot of family/street photography. I have a budget of $1000US. Sorry don’t even suggest a custom MP and sparkling new 28mm Summicron; as much as I agree that would be a great kit, just not going to happen. Just doing research, seeing what my options are. Portability are key to me and why the 645 seems off the table to me. I know, some may say, step back, if you move back enough with that XA, you can get that 28mm frame. I know that. My legs can move mountains per se...Thanks in advance for any thoughts…