Quote Originally Posted by Mark Minard View Post
Talk more about your beef with digital. I'm genuinely curious, as I went through my own struggle with this a while back. Once I decided that nothing but a negative and a silver print would do, the rest was easy
There is a LOT that I love about digital. I wont go over that. What I hate is the massing of digital files on a hard drive rather than negatives and prints in an album. Now that I live overseas, I print almost nothing. Back in the US I spent hundreds of dollars every few months on ink cartridges. Maybe if I printed more of my digital files, I would not want to shoot film again.

On the other hand, I LOVE a well made piece of equipment and can see that shooting the Fuji GF670 would be a wonderful experience. It would be slower than digital, which also I would like. The smooth focusing glass, the small, compact folder. Just perfect for the travel photography that I shoot most of the time.

I have never owned a full frame digital camera before, only shooting with APS-C. So there is some frustrations with the lenses acting so different from my previous film shooting. Part of me thinks that shooting with the D700/800 would be a nice experience. Maybe add a nice Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 to complete the well engineered feeling.

That's off the top of my head.....