Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
I believe that the USPS delivery types that allow delivery confirmation and insurance are very expensive compared to first class parcel. If you use Paypal and the buyer claims the item wasn't received the seller takes all the hit unless he can prove delivery. Proof of shipping doesn't count. So for inexpensive things the shipping cost would be more than the item cost. If you go with cheaper shipping with no delivery confirm or insurance it's best for the seller to avoid Paypal. But other forms of payment can get complicated. So much easier to sell in US where shipping with delivery confirm and insurance costs much less.
+1

... unless you get the buyer to transfer the money to your paypal address directly (no invoice), in which case there is no buyer protection and thus no need for expensive delivery confirmed shipping.

BTW, the only reason I ship outside the Netherlands and outside the EU is because otherwise the market would be too small. I can perfectly indentify with US sellers who find their home market large enough to say "CONUS only" (those dreaded words ).