Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
At most, I think there is just a lazy reaction against the ultra-dramatic imagery that seems to be a greater part of contemporary photography/art - go see the "top" listings on photo.net sometime.
At the moment I'm of the mind that if it isn't on my bookshelf, it's not art. I'll take your word for it and ignore photo.crap. That perceived reaction to drama has always been there I think - William Eggleston and what Ansel Adams said about his work. But Eggleston, if you've seen the documentary on him, is just an incredibly simple person - reaction isn't in his vocabulary I don't think. For me Cory Wright's work doesn't seem to be reactionary, just naive, like he's never tried or wanted to move away from his amateur sensibilities. I doubt he picked up a camera thinking "f*ck sweeping vistas!", he probably just did his thing quite intuitively. Gursky's vision however is bound to the school he belongs to and it's all cerebral and deeply calculated. Harry Cory Wright just doesn't strike me as that kind of photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
I think that LF colour is a natural destination for technology- & resolution-fetishists and as a format, it's therefore unduly burdened with such people.
Couldn't agree more. Thanks for saying that.