Actually, I mean I haven't shot a roll of film in about 7 years, but that isn't exactly true either. I did recently get my hands on a friend's rb67, but the mirror was sluggish (discovered after, of course!) so my shots didn't come out. Such a pity. I really wanted to play with that beast.

Anyway, hi all I'm a hot glass artist up in Maine and I'm getting back into photography after a long hiatus. I'm into portraiture, mostly of kids, but I'll really shoot anybody. I just like people. I do have a digital camera (canon 5d) but I've recently had an intense desire to start shooting film. This then turned into an intense desire to develop that film, which turned into an intense desire to print in a darkroom, lol. I can see this is going to be a snowball effect.

I just bought & received a mamiya C3 in the mail today. I had never seen one in person before, and the second I flipped open the wlf I was totally hooked. Wow, that screen is so bright and easy to focus, even with my poor eyesight. I also discovered a community darkroom right here on the street that I live on! Talk about luck! And right below my apartment is a great local lab who develops c41 and scans. It must be a sign.

All that to say I hope to be joining in soon!! Thanks to everyone here who shares all this great stuff that I have discovered over the past couple of days. I think I'm going to like it here

Pipyr