I agree with John. You need to revisit your technique, maybe even get a consultation from a Master Printer for a couple hours. It might cost a chunk in the beginning, but they can point out where you're going "wrong" and maybe save you a couple hundred dollars worth of paper and a priceless amount of frustration in the future. OR you could give us a full detail post on your process or make a video and post the link here and a lot of great printers will chime in to give some advice.

If the problem isn't in technique, it might be in just the critical eye. If this is the case, I don't think you need to worry so stressfully. I can work on a print for 4 hours and not feel right about it at the end of the day. But then I show it to some of my photographer friends who say "that is gorgeous!" and I'm sitting there thinking "it's too dark on the subject, corner highlights could use a blast of #00 burining, I could have bleached the face a little more and put it in the toner for longer......etc. etc.". It kinda comes with the territory. But if you once had it, you can get it back. I've gone days in the darkroom without turning out a print I thought was "exhibition quality" just 'cause I wasn't in the right mindspace or too stressed about a relationship and the list goes on. Be persistent in finding the solution, 'cause honestly, if prints are what you really take and enjoy out of photography, digital won't fix that for ya. There's NOTHING like a darkroom print and this doesn't seem like an unsolvable problem.