Ansco 130 contains 5.5g/l potassium bromide. This seems high, but my understanding is the higher amount is there to make the formula slightly warmer, not just prevent fog. I'd like a cooler version of 130 - to use with MGWT. One of the more simple ways suggested by Anchell is to replace some or all of the bromide with benzotriazole. One example is Wimberley's version of 130, which uses 0.2g/l benzotriazole in place of the bromide. But I am confused by a few things:

1. The "Cookbook" suggests 0.2g benzotriazole has the same anti-fog effect as 1g bromide restrainer. If that is true, Wimberley's formula implies regular Ansco 130 should only need 1g/l potassium bromide to prevent fog. Is this right? Could the amount of bromide in 130 simply be reduced from 5.5g to 1g? It seems to me this would make the formula slightly less warm, without using benzotriazole.

2. The "Cookbook" suggests even the 0.2g/l benzotriazole in Wimberley's 130 is higher than necessary to prevent fog. How much is required? Or, how much bromide restrainer is really required in the original 130 to prevent fog?

3. Is reducing the bromide and/or replacing it with benzotriazole even going to make a meaningful difference with current chlorobromide VC papers? The "Cookbook" gives the impression this "cooling" effect is most effective with bromide papers. So maybe this is a waste of effort.

Michael