Photo Engineer,
There seems to be something of a "shifting sea" in this exchange. If I discuss one aspect of color papers/ printing, something is introduced to deflect specificity to that particular subject.

Photo Engineer,
Going back to the original "set", I'll make a few SIMPLE statements:

1 (a). Color Negative film is commonly structured with three light-sensitive layers: red-sensitive, producing a cyan image; green sensitive, producing a magenta image; and blue sensitive, producing a yellow image - ALL on a single "negative" base.
This is not all-inclusive - there are other layers for various purpose - nor necessarily in any order.

1 (b). Color Paper (I have to be careful here) for use in making "positive" images from negatives, is commonly structured with three light-sensitive layers: cyan sensitive, producing a red image; magenta sensitive, producing a green image; and blue sensitive, producing a yellow image. Again, in no particular order, and other layers may be employed for various purposes.

2. In my experience, USUALLY only two dichroic filters are necessary in color printing: magenta and yellow. Occasionally more filtration is required, making the use of the cyan filtration necessary. By FAR the most common reason for cyan filtration is the mis-match between the source of illumination and the film color balance (Daylight, Tungsten, Type A, etc.), rather than some anomaly in the processing.

Now... I may be dense, but one thing you have written makes NO sense to me, from any point that I read it:

"Film speed for tungsten C<M<Y proportional to tungsten emission. This yields a neutral to tungsten light.

Film speed for daylight C=M=Y (approximate) to daylight 'neutral white' emission. This yields a neutral to daylight."

I'm not at all clear of what is happening here - C(yan) is less than M(agenta) is less than Y(ellow) and therefore something suitable for tungsten illumination (??), and C(yan) equal to M(agenta) equal to Y(ellow) is therefore suitable for daylight??? What is the significance of "equal to" and "less than"?

I am even more lost in the, "Film speed for paper (should this be "paper speed" or "exposure sensitivity?) C<M<Y proportional to tungsten illumination + dmin of film + ~50R. This requires a piece of film (?) and about 50R to achieve a neutral to tungsten enlarger lamps.

A "piece of film"? - ANY film?