Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
Let the brickbats fly: I have never warmed to the Nikon F4s. I picked up one on ebay several years ago (on a whim) and have wondered why ever since. Yes it was Nikon's first foray into building a camera with an integral motor drive, and yes the camera - for those of us who shoot transparency films - had a great metering system...but the ergonomics just did not feel quite right. And, compared to the later F5 and F6, the F4s (and I am sure the F4e) feels...well...a little ad libbed, shall we say.

The camera has seen so little use by yours truly that I even went so far as to give it away to my sister ( a certifiable "F3-a-phile"), who, after a few short weeks (time enough for a few rolls of her favorite film (Fuji Astia) to be run through the camera) returned the camera, basically saying "no thanks" to the gift, and comparing the F4s' ergonomics to those of a brick.

I have the camera - temporarily - back in my arsenal (loaded with E100G) and I am prepared (keeping an open mind here) to give it another go. This weekend I am going to shoot some architectural details while visiting my sister in Calgary. We will see how I feel about this camera by Monday. Given past experience...
Nope...still cannot warm to the beast. Sooo....I gave it away to my 17 year-old nephew (who shoots only film, by the way - PanF Plus and Velvia) who, hopefully, will not return it. Since I just picked up an F6/MB40 from KEH last week (and gave the combo a good workout at the Calgary Stampede last weekend), I had no real use for the brick anyway (when out shooting colo(u)r, I generally load one body with E100G and a second with E100VS)...