Maybe your colour-development stage is going foggy - you are after all using probably very different chemistry.
Well, isn't that what the colour development bath is all about? It should develop <all> silver halide to silver and catch the dye couplers in the emulsion in the process, shouldn't it? Or you mean it is catching the dye couplers in areas where it shouldn't?
When you say it went orange, was it transparent-orange (like C41 mask) or opaque-orange?
It was opaque orange after the bleach and before the fixer.
* doing the develop/bleach/colour-redevelop thing implies that we're assuming it's chromogenic reversal film. It may not be that; it could be more like kodachrome (dyes are in the developers) or cibachrome (developer destroys dyes I think).
It has the dye couplers in the emulsion. The process is similar to light-exposed E-6, only at low temp and different chemistry, but the basics are the same. The colour developer uses Парааминодиэтиланилинсульфат (4-Amino-N,N-dimethylaniline sulfate CAS No. 6219-73-4, CD-1, I saw that in PE's response here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...chrome-e6.html but I also double checked the structural formula from the Russian source here: http://www.photoline.ru/texp12.htm). I am OK with colour shifts and insane contrast etc, as long as the minilab scanners can read the frame spacers. I am not aiming at usable transparencies for projection.
Cross-processing in cold C41 might be acceptable, though very funky.
It didn't work. Maybe my developer was old, but it fogged completely both the ORWOCHROM and some old EPT 160T that I souped in the same tank. It fogged both with different hue, but nothing scannable from them, which is pretty strange, since it usually works OK (yeah, it is funky) with the EPT-160T.

Today if I have the time, I'm gonna soup it with some more aggressive B&W dev and try the rest of the steps unchanged. I am thinking about lith developer in the B&W step too, since this will certainly develop the highlights to saturation.....