I have one of these negatives to print for a friend, and it takes a lot of work with the contrast filters to get it right. As Gerald points out, the film was designed for printing on color paper to obtain a black and white image, unlike Ilford's XP-2 Super, which has an almost neutral base, and much easier to deal with in the darkroom.

The problem I see is that especially in a high contrast situation, where I can finally get the highlights under control, leaving shadows with some detail, the midtones look really flat and dull. If you decide to give the print a touch of high grade filtration after the normal exposure, in order to build some local contrast in the mid-tones, you really run the risk of completely blocking up your shadows, leaving them without detail at all. Some people care about shadow detail, while others don't. I'm the kind that thinks shadow detail is sometimes over-rated, and a good strong solid black can really emphasize a composition. But this doesn't work for everything, obviously. Some shadows need detail.

Don't give up if you don't get good results immediately, but be fully aware that these b&w negs with an orange mask don't really follow normal logic when it comes to printing on b&w paper.