Colour wont add to them so to me they are obviously b&w images. In digital I see b+w conversions as togs somehow trying to qualify an image as street but usually its to hide bad composition or exposure. In film the same argument does not even apply, the image is taken in b&w therefore it is what it is and therein is the truth of street photography.

That said ...b&w photography is about light and tone and texture and contrast and I have no hesitation in shooting in midday light however it needs to be because the content overpowers the composition and yet here the content and the stripping effects of the light are almost equal when one needs to overpower one with the other. A photograph needs to feed eyes with a subject or a composition.

Shopping areas attract shoppers and buskers and what you end up with are shoppers and buskers and they look the same everywhere. I'm guessing too that Detroit is a tricky place to travel about but markets can have their dangers too.

These images are more travelogue than street but only because they show you passing by and not engaging the scene beyond simply capturing it.