Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
I have Polaroid MP-4 shutters. They are #1s. The 135/4.5 Tominon is made to screw into the front of a #1. I've had three of them. They all fit my MP-4 shutters.

Why do you think I might be mistaken about this? Why do you think I might be trying to mislead you? If you fall off a cliff I won't mourn but I'll get no pleasure from your demise.

I have no idea what diameter Chris thinks is 1.5" or so. I do know the #1 standard. You can find it here: http://www.skgrimes.com/products/new.../pressshutters

I think it might be time for me to ban myself from APUG. Too many damfools here.
I think it's time for a Xanax for Mr. Fromm. Telling people they deserve misfortune because they don't revere you as a saint is pretty sad.

I am looking on eBay and Craigslist for lenses, right now my budget doesn't allow for an expensive lens and I don't want the camera to sit in my room until I have a lens that meets APUG standards.

I am seeing some Fujinon's for less than $200, actually quite a bit less. Fuji makes great lenses, I'll have to look more into them.

If I spend $40 for the lens from Chris and it turns out to not be a very sharp lens, I'll use it for portrait or whatever. If it's a great lens, I just got a great lens for $40. I don't see a downside here.

If it needs a CLA, I'll send it back to Chris. He's graciously allowing me to try out the lens before I pay him for it.