When you think about it, we are living in the midst of a magnificent and wonderful revolution that is turning the world of photography upside down. As always, change can be painful and there are some that can never really adapt. But to be living in the midst of a period when the field of photography is being totally turned on it's ear is for me a real privilege. This type of major change in any field is quite rare. The norm is incremental improvement and change that happens over many years, decades, and can last for several lifetimes. But we are seeing huge, rapid changes. New technology and complete changes in equipment in a period of just a very few years. Just think, two years ago my cell phone had no camera, now it takes pretty nice snapshots. And I want to be a part of this. I do not want to turn 90, look back, and realize that I did not take the chance to participate.

Right now we are in the midst of the uproar and there seems to be this massive tug of war going on between each side. But if you really look around you see some people quietly working to meld the two processes into their own workflows. This is because there are too many advantages with both processes. However it plays out, the ride is certainly exciting!