Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
I just got a Calumet 4x5 camera. This is an older style Calumet, it's gray with a smaller lens board than the black Calumets we used in school (they were co-branded as Cambo cameras). My calumet looks just like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CALUMET-4X5-...ht_5697wt_1386 .

It came with a recessed Copal 0 lens board and 3 film holders, but no lens. In the meantime I am planning on just taping a pinhole onto the lens board, but I'd like to have a lens for the camera obviously.

I want to spend as little as possible, hopefully under $100 for a lens (and lens board unless a recessed lens board would work). What can you recommend in the sub-$100 price category for a 135-210 (somewhere around there would be fine) lens with decent performance? Not necessarily looking for a tack-sharp, awesome lens (my budget won't allow that), but I would like a lens that would offer some good 11x14's with some 16x20's as well.

Thanks!
You might want to consider making a pinhole lens. Use the thinest needle you can find and about a 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 square cut from a Coke Can. Drill a small hole in the center of the square with the needle. Attach the square to the lensboard with black electrical tape and then start experimenting. Fast cheap way to get started with your 4x5
Dave