Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
I have seen no evidence that suggests Velvia 50 and 100F is no longer available in 4x5 (or 8x10) in the US. All the sources that said it was discontinued a few days ago were UK sources. Until I see a source that says this is true for Fujifilm USA I don't believe it.
Fujifilm Professional is putting an end to the production of its Fujichrome Velvia 100F in 35mm, 120 and 4x5 formats, and Velvia 50 in 4x5 and 8x10, BJP has learned. The last shipment of these films will arrive in the UK in December 2012.

Fujifilm tells BJP that its Velvia 50 will continue to be distributed in 35mm and 120 formats.
"Due to decreasing demand globally we have to announce the withdrawal of some formats of Velvia 100F and Velvia 50," says Gabriel Da Costa, product manager for professional film.[...]

My emphasis. Global means around the world (USA too...), even if the BJofP gives it a distinctly UK-only feel, which it is not.

Ask your pro-level dealer to show you the Dealer Retail Bulletin which usually carries announcements like this. That usually comes through about 2 weeks after an announcement.