Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
That's exactly the system I'm currently using. You can get the loopy ends through the Rollei strap lugs (just barely). What gave me the thought to change the strap was that I had to take it off to bring it to the repair shop, and realized what a pain in the ass it was to remove the loops from the Rollei lugs.
Yeah I noticed too that once on they are attached they are hard if not impossible to finagle back off! I sent one of my Rolleiflexes with the short straps intact to Harry for a tweak on a recent repair he did for me. I do not think it gets in the way for the most part, and if it does the repair guy could just unscrew the side strap mounts in seconds I'd imagine. I have a basic cheap leather strap that someone riveted some original Rollei scissor-clips on. Works fine but it's cheap leather and not very comfortable. But easily on and off! Think I paid $30-40 or something for that from another user on APUG.

I have the Luigi case and strap for my Leica CL that came with when I bought it (used of course), and a Luigi half case for my MP too. Luigi threw in a hand loop strap when I got that. All three are wonderfully supple and a dream to touch and hold. Stitching a work of art! Sure are expensive but so are BMWs, Porsches, Prada bags, Rolex watches, etc....